Started changing my engine oil for the first time yesterday. WTH ? It has the outside the frame drain plug. You could pee a bigger stream than that. Ran a wire up in it, thought it might be plugged. How is the quickest way to change this? I put a bucket and funnel under it and left it over night. Haven't checked yet, but this is ridiculous.
First thing you have to do is have it operating temp. They usually don't run out too bad with the oil good and hot.
Had it warm up yesterday,got like a gallon out in 24 hrs. Remembered reading a thread on here years ago about a suck bucket. Making one up tomorrow
I have something like that on a 530 Dresser loader, runs out real well. FWD
Something's not right. I changed oil in my light plant couple days ago, it was only like 20F. Only a 3/8" hydraulic hose to drain, got the gallon out in about 15 minutes. You need to take the hose off the pan.
The worst machine that I have to change oil on is a 936 Cat loader with a 3304 engine. It has a large plug on the bottom of the oil pan. when you get the plug off, oil comes like crazy and no matter what, oils running on my arm. You need to be ready and quick to have two 5 gallon pails ready as it has more than 5 gallons. They have valves you can buy so you can control the drain, but I have not found one with large enough threads for the plug hole on that loader. FWD
Giving up for now,10* here now. Just going to top off in case I need it. I agree that hose needs to come off and figure out what is wrong.
Pulling the dipstick out might help as it let's air into the oil pan to help it drain. Taking the oil filter off first might help too.