Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

644H transmission problems

whitey65 ยท 2020-10-04 18:01

i have a 644h deere loader,it poured oil out from the torque housing.Removed engine,torque and pump.Found some wear on the spacer in the transmission pump.Replaced with new pump.Assembled everything and ran for about 5 minutes before blowing all oil out again.Any ideas or anybody experienced the same,would appreciate any help.

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612020-10-05 05:28

    Welcome to HEF whitey65 ! Serial number? Pictures of the parts in question? Was the transmission pressure checked? Transmission filter changed? Cut open the filter and inspect it for both debris and for filter failure.

  2. #2Bigbert2020-10-05 11:27

    Hello Whitey65, in case your Deere got a ZF transmission: Please see attached two abstracts out of repair manual 4WG160. Even the 644H possibly got a 4WG210? However design should be pretty much similar. Is the seal ring of converter hub okay?

  3. #3whitey652020-10-05 20:11

    Thanks mg2361 for the welcome,Serial # is DW644HX572385,I did change the filter and opened the old unit for inspection,Found no debris or damage inside the filter,oil was clean.I did not check the pressure.Here are pictures of pump that was replaced.I only recently purchased the loader and the owner informed me that the transmission pump,torque cover and universal driveshaft were recently replaced and the torque inspected at deere dealer.Called dealer and they confirmed this. Thanks

  4. #4partsandservice2020-10-06 00:05

    The way that the metal is rolled on the bushing , the nose on the torque converter is damaged as well. I would also check the the condition of the bearing behind the input yolk and the drive plate.

  5. #5timothymurphy2026-06-23 17:59

    hi what was the end result whitey I have the same issue but In a 426 jcb loader