unsure if my machine is considered a TLB or Industrial. All parts i get from CNH parts site are from the industrial side. i have the three speed F/R shuttle transmission and i am getting fluid running out of the inspection plate between engine and transmission. fluid in trans shows overfull, and hydraulic level is low. any help appreciated.
Don't know anything about your machine. Does it have seperate hyd oil and trans oil reservoirs? What drives the hyd pump? Is it connected to the tranny in some way?
Is it a direct drive machine? Can you remove the inspection cover and look up into the flywheel housing compartment? Converter seals and transmission input shaft seals are a common leak point, usually requiring engine removal. I'm in the dark about the design too . Make sure your transmission oil level is not overfull and the vent for that compartment is not plugged.Phil
transmission check and fill in the floor under steering wheel. hydraulic tank is in the left arm support, with the dipstick in top of post. hydraulic pump is mounteddirectly in front of transmission fill and dipstick. possibly in transmission housing. i will check this out on CNH parts site. industrial, not agricultural. thanks. James
thanks for the help. low hydraulic, overfull trans. i would think, like you, maybe a seal bypassing. the hydraulic pump appears to be driven by the camshaft rear gear. pump must be attached to rear of engine. never made any noise or quit working, just started leaking. also appears to be leaking around control valve assembly, but could be hydraulic vent just above control valve doing the leaking.
Got a link to the site you use for parts? I'm confused more than ever on the leak's location. Maybe it is a hydraulic component. Can you give us a picture? Phil
Hi Phil, i am linking to CNH parts site, then construction, model 6500. breather that is leaking is the transmission breather. hydraulic fluid is low, but have a couple of leaks that need fixed. But the transmission has always stayed on the mark until now.it shows an extra five inches of fluid on the dipstick. the tube is about seven or eight inches tall. i'm thinking the filter may have plugged and holding fluid high in transmission? I don't see any thing in diagrams that would let hydraulic get into trans.
I don't know if this link will work Phil, but you have to access the parts diagrams at the pvassociates webpages. http://construction.newholland.com/parts/parts.aspx?navid=177&id=7132003 carogator, What I'm seeing in the parts diagram looks like you might have something like a Twin Disk torque convertor that has a drive gear on the rear of the convertor that drives the charge pump and the hydro pump mounted to the rear of the convertor housing. If this is correct, and your hyd level in the reservoir constantly drops, and the tranny level goes up until it comes out the vent, then you have a problem with the hydraulic pump. It could be just the shaft seal has failed on your pump. But it's not unusual that your pump has excessive internal wear that puts pressure on the shaft seal and blows it out. In either case, I'd say you need to pull the hyd pump, disassemble it, and inspect it to determine what repairs are needed to the pump. Hope this helps you out. Be sure and post back on how your machine is set up. And pics would be really good.
I agree, I looked in my parts book for 6500/650 and the pump, left side, if the shaft seal leaks it will do that also shows the hyd. oil is the same.
thanks. been trying to send pictures since you posted. cannot find any info on this site to tell how it is done. but you are right, the two pumps are mounted next to each other and kook to run off the same gear. both mounted in the torque converter housing. my CNH dealer tells me that the pump is no longer serviced and he can't even get a kit. i'll have to go to my cylinder repair shop to look into rebuilging. need to get time to pull pump and find out what kind it is.
Steve and the crew is still working on the pics posting, I'm sure they'll have it going in due time. Keep us informed.
Hmmm, pics seem to be working.
In the "Support" section there's a tutorial on posting pictures, take a look there.
I'm sorry but I can't seem to find any tabs or headings about support on my screens. where do I look?
At the top left click on heavy equipment forums and it will bring up the main menu. scroll down to support and there are a lot of tips. Or you can scroll down on the page that comes up when you go to new post and click on manage attachments. I always load the pic on my desktop so it is easy to find. Click on browse and find your pic and upload to site.
these are the pictures associated with my hydraulic pump and the area around it. pump is bolted to converter housing, behind fuel tank left of trans pump and filter and dipstick.
Yeah baby, got the pics going now! :woohoo I have to admit, I haven't seen a pump that looks quite like that one. Looks like it's probably a gear pump, and it's very likely it is obsolete from dealer. If the pump is trashed, you may have to retrofit to a more up to date pump. I still contend if your actually getting hyd oil into your trans housing that the pump is the most likely culprit.
thanks for all the help. this a gear pump. obsolete at the dealer. kit also. found one at tractor parts.com. no price yet but did get all the specs. i haven't lost any pulling or hydraulic yet, just the leak because trans went overfull. going to pull pump and look, but i'm thinking the snap ring that holds the shaft seal in may be broken or the seal just wore out. no noise or breaking sounds, just went to leaking out breather and bellhousing. also hope for the best. carogator