Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

650G lever steer

typ4 ยท 2016-10-16 13:00

So, Since the factory manual doesnt tell you engine on/off , or in out of park for starting adjustments . Does anyone have any good info for this. or a cheat sheet. We started by verifying quadlever measurements while trans was out and so on. The book jumps around with these procedures and its frustrating. I think the 9.5 lever stroke aadjustment is in park hith the threaded rods then the lever stops are set. Near as I can decipher. My mechanic that is working on it says it wasnt done that way on the 550s , but hey this isnt a 550. jeeze. Thanks in advance Russ

Replies3
  1. #1typ42016-10-18 18:27

    A side note, what engineering idiot orificed the speed clutches after the test port. Totally useless.

  2. #2typ42016-10-19 23:00

    Well the guys got it all adjusted, it still slips in 2-3-4 forward. all 4 in reverse. so it almost has to me clutch pack wear. I wish deere would give a stack clearance. It will spin the tracks in 1st gear forward and walk thru the brakes so it holds. Back apart it comes, I wish I could make them do it on there own time, I told them to completely tear down and inspect.

  3. #3moriboy2017-02-15 20:06

    Did you get this machine back up and running? I'm always interested in learning about transmission issues/fixes.