where to start? first f497 comes up light start flashing engine powers down... dozer starts and turns right 90 degrees then acts right.... now I have a series of sensor codes had a wrench come out he said steering sensor but didn't tell me which one as there are 2 on the fnr and 2 on the drives. so all I could think to do was to ohm them out all are giving pretty much the same reading. so I also ohmed out the control valve solenoids they pretty much matched I am not having any luck getting some one to come out with computer or some thing to run diag on it I ran the diag on the onboard unit and wrote every thing down where do I go from here...?
may be more then one problem. Manual lists f497 as increased resistance detected in fuel injection circuit, pump solenoid. This is engine, tracking would be transmission. There may be other codes on the transmission controller at the left rear. Speed sensors do go bad, above $300 each. Would need to be replaced and the transmission recalabrated.
my on board ecu diag gives me low readings for right steering approx. 1500/1700/ ohms/millivolts and high readings for left approx. 3000/3300 ohms/milvolts I bought a steering sensor but there are 3 on the fnr which one do I change out?
I had this issue with a 700H. Was throwing the same kind of code different numbers for the 700. We put a speed sensor in the left travel motor issue continued. Then there was a nosie coming from the final drive. Every gear and bearing in there was shot so it kept pulling to the right because the left hand final drive was weaker than the right so it would Traverse to the right
That seems like it's in spec to me. Let's says it's a 5 volt range and these numbers aren't exactly to spec but you should get the gist. Let's say there's a 5 volt window. 4.5-4.0 volts is left counter rotate, 4.0-3.5 is steer left, 3.5-3.0 is neutral range, 3.0-2.5 is steer right and 2.5-2.0 is right counter rotate. I'd start with speed sensors as well.