Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

650g transmission prime

jmcarrol · 2023-10-03 08:47

Changed all fluids in dozer when I got it home. Waiting on parts to change belts and air filters. Now the transmission seems to lose prime. We cracked the hose to get the air out and it seemed to run fine. But the next day we had to prime it again. I guess we haven’t got all the air out of it. Any suggestions?

Replies9
  1. #1Steve Austin2023-10-03 10:27

    Please provide SR# and hours. Changing fluid should not affect your transmission pump on G series machines Did you change filters, did you clean the suction screen. Is the hose from suction screen cansster to pump In good condition clamps good no cracks in hose.

  2. #2Steve Austin2023-10-03 10:36

    Is your G direct drive or torque converter? Any thing else odd going on

  3. #3jmcarrol2023-10-03 11:47

    Direct drive Serial # TO650GH778686

  4. #4jmcarrol2023-10-03 12:04

    Nothing odd going on that I found. It ran great when I bought it. Just wanted to be sure to change all fluids and filters on it since I just got it.

  5. #5Steve Austin2023-10-03 12:22

    Please provide hours. When you have dozer warned up to operating temperature do you have to rev engine up to get park to release or get machine to move?

  6. #6jmcarrol2023-10-03 12:35

    Hours 6400 Did not have to rev the engine to get it to move or release.

  7. #7Steve Austin2023-10-03 12:41

    I would drain transmission oil about 20 to 25 gallons pull suction screen and check condition and clean it is a washable mesh screen. If

  8. #8jmcarrol2023-10-03 13:18

    I did that when I just changed it all.

  9. #9jmcarrol2023-10-03 13:20

    I’m pretty sure it’s just got some air in it. Going to park it facing downhill and see if that will help. Got the rest of the parts to finish complete service, so I’ll get to run it a lot more.