Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TD8c regulator valve parts confusion

Blaw1978 · 2023-10-03 07:28

Hello all , I have TD8c with the power shift transmission . While trying to track down the culprit in my issue of the machine creeping while pilot valve is in the neutral position I’ve unearthed another possible problem . I rebuilt the pilot valve with new seal kit and didn’t resolve the creeping issue but I will say it isn’t as extreme as before but still an issue . So I went next to the regulator valve as to gain more access to the range selector valve . So I decided while the regulator valve is off I’d go through it as well . Doing so I’m now confused at my findings compared to the shop Manual and parts manual . I feel as if I’m missing a spring and a ball in the one bore . Anyone rebuilt these that could share some insight ? Thanks and I’ll add pics of the manual and the actual parts I removed .

Replies2
  1. #1Acecadet2023-10-03 20:22

    My TD8E book shows the same parts you are looking at. That spool is the main regulator valve for the clutch and brake apply circuits. So it would be the highest pressure spool. I don’t think that is where your creeping issue is coming from. Does the creeping change depending on which side of the neutral area your shifter is in? The forward or reverse pack always has pressure applied depending on which side the lever is in. You may just have a speed pack coming apart or a bearing failing causing the creep.

  2. #2Blaw19782023-10-03 21:23

    Thanks for your reply ! In regards to the creep if I have the pilot valve lever centered in the neutral position it will barely try to creep forward but if you pivot it to the reverse side of the neutral slot it will begin to creep in reverse and the same if you tilt it out to the forward dude of neutral it will then creep slightly more . At lowest idle it will still ever so slowly try to creep and of course with higher rpm it will creep faster . The manual says to check the signal hose to the range valve , I am going to drop the belly pan asap to get access to that valve hopefully and pull it off and go through it next I suppose . As far as the regulator Valve when I dismantled it there was no item 26 spring or 27 ball . Aside from the creep issue the machine operates ok . So it has me baffled why I wouldn’t have parts installed that the manual shows to be in there , but it functions ok so I’m just a bit confused on that one .