Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

650H Speed Sensor Removal

Alan Caro · 2021-10-23 14:12

I had a problem with the left track speed sensor being faulty, my mechanic disconnected both track speed sensors (the plug) and that seemed to have fixed the problem… Any idea of what consequences its removal may have? if it’s not essential I’d happily save an extra $400 on 1 sensor

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612021-10-24 05:56

    It did not "fix" the problem, it just put a band-aid on it. Unplugging the speed sensor places the system into a default mode. You will lose auto-tracking and anti-stall. So if the unit wants to mistrack it will not auto-correct. If you peel too much dirt the engine rpm will drop too low. If you can live with that then leave it be.

  2. #2Alan Caro2021-10-24 18:50

    Thanks! I’ll see how it feels, most likely will buy it

  3. #3AlanT6752021-10-25 23:42

    Good information.

  4. #4Aaron N2024-07-04 17:17

    How did this work out for you? I have the same issue.