Does the ECM need to be reprogrammed after the injection pump is replaced? The injection pump is a Standadyne RE518167. After the pump was replaced a skip developed immediately. At idle there is no skip noticeable. At any RPM above idle there is a skip. I am if the ECM is having the injectors fire early? Thoughts?
ECM doesn't have to be programmed with new pump, you sure it's timed properly? Was there a skip before, why did you replace the pump, I'd rev it up and crack injector lines one by one and see if skip/miss gets worse on each injector. If you crack a line and it stays the same may have a bad injector.
Any abnormal smoke? That pump must be exact on timing? your calling it a skip!! Where did you pump come from? I have had pump shops mess up on pump rebuild. Does it sound like engine is hitting a rev limiter? Does it sound the same under load? Does it get any worse under load? As "Tractorguy" said try cracking injector line.
Usually a failed injector after a pump replacement is from contaminates in the fuel line when they were disconnected. Those injectors are cheap , I would replace all of them if you find one bad.
The shop did not rebuild the pump correctly. We worked out a deal to get a new one. Installed pump and the dozer runs like a champ.
We never have those pumps rebuilt always just end up puttin a reman on.