Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

650J LGP won’t start

matwyukm · 2022-03-22 12:15

I was calibrating my 650 and was on the second stage (high rpm pump calibration) it lurched forward (I think I had the stick too far forward) and I had to shut down. (I was inside my shed) Went to restart and the starter dragged and wound not start the engine. I have replaced the starter, charged batteried, checked electrical connections. Still the starter drags and won't start. Any suggestions? Count the pumps still be engaged? If so how do I get them disengaged? Or, is it the cylinders need lubrication? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1matwyukm2022-03-22 12:17

    P.S. it has an engine heater.

  2. #2mg23612022-03-22 12:32

    Welcome to HEF matwyukm ! Serial number? Any codes, either in the monitor or the TCU display?

  3. #3matwyukm2022-03-22 12:36

    It's the low serial number (2015 year) no codes on the TCM since I was in calibration mode when it happened. When I go to start up, I have green light and not codes indicated.

  4. #4matwyukm2022-03-22 12:40

    As far as the monitor, I'll have to check that. Always had some code on that. Never been able to clear them. My main question is. Would the pump stay engaged after a shut down like that (mid calibration)?

  5. #5Deere35czts2022-03-22 17:54

    I would take the floor panels up and move the flags on the PCPs which should centre when done. You could also have your blade control joystick moved causing the hydraulics to load up. What was the reason for calibration? Sometimes it’s easier to check the live vs calibration values and repair the issue rather than calibration.

  6. #6matwyukm2022-03-22 19:39

    I replaced the TCM and the Pilot control valve. So I had to do the recalibration. What is the PCP that you are talking about? I don't recall any "flags" on the Pilot control valve. Thanks.

  7. #7Deere35czts2022-03-22 20:49
  8. #8matwyukm2022-03-22 21:22

    Thanks, I understand now. I'll give this a try tomorrow and let you know.

  9. #9matwyukm2022-03-24 17:45

    I tried this. Both "flags" forward and rear PCV were in the center position. Moved them back and forth, they returned to the center position. No change. I replaced the battery with a new one, that helped a little, but not much. I'm thinking maybe changing out to a gear reduction starter. Any other ideas, suggestions? Thanks.