K is a 13’ J is a10’ both LGP both similar hrs etc. don’t know when Deere started using DEF on dozers. That alone would turn me away. Other than that was one series better than the other! We’re looking to get a cab dozer and these are both being considered. Haven’t physically touched either one yet. Thanks.
On a "K", if the serial number has an "F" before the 6 digits then it has DEF. If it has an "E", then it has a DOC/DPF without DEF. "J's" did not have DEF or aftertreatment systems.
Ok thanks. Any reason to go with the K over the J or not? I know in some machines there were known issues that followed the series. Thanks I like the J because I believe it may be a simpler machine. I can get a better deal on the K
80 views and no one has an opinion on either series. Wow. Just seems strange. These are very popular machines figured there’d be all kinds of peeps chiming in
Sorry, I personally will not comment on the pros and cons of various models of Deere equipment. I just offer advice on repairing them.
Tenfo. I’m sure there’s reasons why and totally understand
Well I can't help you with the K series, but I have owned an 650H and currently have a 700J. I believe the 700 is a 2010 or 11. No DPF or DEF. I really like the 700J. It has been a very reliable machine. Hours are around 6,000. I would try to stay away from machines with just the DPF. Every one we have had has problems at some point. DEF is better but still sucks. Its not only the cost but the down time can kill you. we had to rent a combine a few yeas ago because of emission problems. took them weeks to get if figured out. I would definitely buy the 700J again. Steve
Awsome! That’s what I’m thinking as well. I don’t like emissions crap. Thanks bud