Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

655 a left hand steering cylinder question

BROKE HOE MOE ยท 2012-11-13 02:00

The body of it moves and has oil leaking , is it still rebuildable or do i need a replacement cyl. For $400. ?

Replies2
  1. #1oarwhat2012-11-13 07:48

    I haven't messed with one of those for years. Isn't there a tie rod style joint on each end? I can't remember if the joint on the cylinder end was removable? As far as the leak you can by a reseal kit and a cylinder rod if it's scratched or bent(they usually are). Not hard to reseal at all. If I remember right just remove the three screws, knock the cylynder end into the cylinder. The remove the retaining ring and pull the rod out. There's probably a burr where the retaining ring was, sand or file that down so the new seals aren't damaged. Good luck Randy

  2. #2BROKE HOE MOE2012-11-14 00:02

    Thanks for the local point of info on this , i will try to get a seal kit for this and take your info . Thanks randy.