I want to use a hydraulic motor but I dont know what size and / or how it should be mounted. My Bobcat is a 773 it does not have high flow. Thanks
Testing
It can be done but I have heard it does not work too well, not enough power or speed on a non-hi flow machine I guess :-/ Pj
What is the flow rating on your bobcat and how many hp is the motor?
I never heard of this before. Does it have a 3 point hitch suitable to connect implements? Even a small 4ft bush hog might need 15HP or so I think. Just buy you an old tractor; everybody needs an old tractor. I ran across this yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeanPDO-D6M It's a cool wood-splitter attachment on a bobcat.
Not sure of the flow rate . Its a 773 and i think it has around 40 to 48 hp.
It does have a three point hitch but im a fabricator / welder and can make all the modifications needed. I wouldn't mind having an old tractor but Ive used a bobcat mounted bush hog and was able to get to places a tractor just wouldnt go. I am planning to build a log splitter for mine later on.
Hp don't have anything to do with it
Gpm x psi / 1714= HP The bush hog was most likely designed to run around 540rpm. Multiply your flow in gpm by 231, then divide by your target rpm (540 in this case). This will give you a ballpark in displacement for the hydro motor you need in cubic inches, which is how hydro motors are spec'ed. Then go here, or the place of your choice and buy the motor using those specs. Look for a "pto motor" which would make coupling the motor to the gearbox easy. https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?catname=hydraulic&keyword=HMSP