Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

655c series ii

Catowner277 ยท 2022-02-18 19:14

Saw another post similar but didn't see my answer. It's an 05, it pulls to the right fairly hard. Are there adjustments for that? Also, I tightened the tracks since they were a little slack and now it pulls even harder. What can I do?

Replies9
  1. #1mg23612022-02-19 05:35

    Please supply a serial number. Does it mistrack to the same side in forward and reverse? All track speeds?

  2. #2Catowner2772022-02-19 18:04

    Lu655cx007824 Yes it does. Always to the right no matter the speed forward and reverse

  3. #3mg23612022-02-20 05:03

    Disconnect both motor speed sensors and then operate the machine. Does the mistrack go away?

  4. #4Catowner2772022-02-22 10:03

    I will have to find where the speed sensors are on this machine. I havent had it very long so I am not theist familiar with it yet

  5. #5mg23612022-02-22 12:02

    Under the covers on the outside of the track frames.

  6. #6Catowner2772022-03-07 19:14

    Do you by chance know if I have to jack the machine up in order to check or change the final drive oil? Im wondering if it is low on oil for some reason. I saw the final drive oil light come on not long ago and I didn't think about it

  7. #7mg23612022-03-08 04:56

    If the final drive light is on then the Duo Cone oil level is low. That light has nothing to do with the planetary final drive that is on the inside of the track frame behind the drive motors. There are hoses that get connected to the high pressure ports on the track frame pivot shaft to the Duo Cone and you just start and run the engine at idle to fill them. The machine's came with the hoses to do that. The procedure is in the operator's manual as well as the service manual. That can be done on the ground. Checking the planetary final drive should be blocked up since you need a second pair of eyes to watch the level plugs to line them up for a level check or for changing that oil.

  8. #8Leroy6762024-11-12 17:21

    I know this is a fairly old thread, but I'm having the same issue with the loader pulling to the left. I disconnected the speed sensor on the left side and tested. It immediately started pulling to the right. Which leads me to believe the speed sensor is faulty. Called J.D and a new one is $1,300. I was going to swap the left and right side sensors to see if the problem follows to confirm. However, appears that it can not be removed without pulling the drive motor. The parts break down appears to have a nut on the inside. Can anyone confirm this?

  9. #9mg23612024-11-13 04:50

    Welcome to HEF Leroy !