Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

655c series ii issues

Catowner277 · 2021-04-15 13:38

Have an 05 655c series ii 5700 hours just bought it. Drive motor plug won't stay tight and keeps leaking fluid. Left and right side drive motors leaking out of the drive motor cover. Not horrible, but definitely leaking. Today I was running it and it shut off randomly and now the right side drive motor warning light is on. Amy common known issues with these things? I can't find anyone that has ever had many issues with a 655

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612021-04-16 05:20

    A serial number? Photos of where it is leaking and a photo of the light that is on.

  2. #2Catowner2772022-02-18 19:12

    I have this same exact issue. A guy told me there are bushings inside the machine that cause the plugs to rub the side covers.

  3. #3mg23612022-02-19 05:32

    Serial number. Photos? Did you get it fixed? Yes the bushings being worn on the pivot shaft can cause contact between the plug and the cover.

  4. #4JW Elliott2022-09-20 16:20

    Just finished replacing pivot shaft bearings on our 655c series 2 today. At a little over 3500 hours. I did by a little time and saved some fluid by grinding/filing the outer face of the VSTI plugs so they were recessed from face of manifold. It kept from knocking them loose and extruding the seal leaking. But I didn’t run it long in fear of it busting the cover hitting/pushing any harder or longer than the leaking was preventing before. That heavy cover would be more manageable in a few pieces though, but probably best to carry on with Deere engineer design. Be ready to feel the pain of the cost on this job hope your bushing just broke down at the rubber between inner and outer races. The shaft if needed I think would’ve been 11k alone. That inside bushing hated to come off too, even with a 2” bar puller and rose bud persuading it after slicing the outer race and rubber off.