Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

655d hydraulic pump

Chewy63 ยท 2011-10-18 19:37

Hello all it's me again!!! I have what I think is a pump leak, and a pretty good one at that. Any body know where I can get it rebuilt if needed or where I can get another one from? I took off the front shield and unbolted the oil cooler to access the pump and hoses. Man there was all kinds of dirt and grime covering the radiator! Anyway the leak only starts once thing get warmed up. It's coming from the underneath side of pump where the spline comes out of the pump. Ty in advance Chewy

Replies10
  1. #1jimg9842011-10-18 21:14

    Ebay around 500 bucks

  2. #2Chewy632011-10-18 21:21

    Ty Jim, just did look at one on eBay. Good quality?

  3. #3jimg9842011-10-18 21:26

    I would advise talking to seller before buying,,,,,,,,,,,,making sure that no trick adpaters would be required for hose/pipe connections

  4. #4jimg9842011-10-18 21:33

    this info from Messicks http://www.messicks.com/NH/3318.aspx

  5. #5Chewy632011-10-18 21:35

    Since we came to the conclusion that I had auxiliary lines, would this mean there is a different pump than the stock one? What if I put a bigger pump in it? Would it mess stuff up?

  6. #6Chewy632011-10-19 23:01

    What is a pirates favorite resteraunt?

  7. #7mitch5042011-10-19 23:57

    I have no idea. On the bigger pump question, it's ok as long as it's not so big as to overpower your relief valve. If you are lucky, you can get your pump rebuilt, a seal, and maybe some bearings, since it's still pumping

  8. #8Chewy632011-10-20 00:33

    Arrrrrby's!!!! Ok Mitch Ty for the reply, going to try and take out the pump on Friday. Hopefully it can be rebuilt. I just don't know if it's worth it since it's probably the original. If it's rebuilt will it be as good as new? Chewy

  9. #9mitch5042011-10-20 01:11

    If it's done right

  10. #10Chewy632011-10-26 21:45

    Well I finally got the hyd pump out. I can get a new one shipped to my door for $575. Not sure what it will cost to rebuild, but it seems like it might just be better to go with a new one. If I got one from my new holland dealer it would be about $1200.