Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

657g Helmet Cam

BrianHay ยท 2010-10-30 21:39

Took a little helmet cam footage the other day. One of them I just held the camera and the other two I put my hat on backwards and stuck the lens out of the hole. YouTube - 657g YouTube - 657g Helmet Cam 2 YouTube - 657g Helmet Cam 1

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies36
  1. #1Aussie Leroy2010-10-31 04:26

    BrainHay, Thanks mate for us that have never push/pulled that was good to see, do you like the 657 G's they look real operator friendly ?????? Cheers Leroy

  2. #2DPete2010-10-31 12:10

    Good vid of some REAL scrapers, what are you building up there?

  3. #3Fri9732010-10-31 12:17

    Why do you stop to hook up ?

  4. #4BrianHay2010-10-31 12:46

    Yes, I like the g's. They don't seem to have as much power or ride as smooth as the E's but the fancey cab makes up for that.

  5. #5BrianHay2010-10-31 12:53

    A new industrial subdivision. 1.6 million meters of dirt to move for it. Since the videos I got moved to another site though. I'm working on a residential subdivision now in a 57E.

  6. #6BrianHay2010-10-31 12:57

    I don't like stopping to hook up at all, it's a waste of time. The first scraper should start his cut and before he runs out of power his partner should be on him.

  7. #7BrianHay2010-11-01 01:04

    Added another. YouTube - 657g ride a long

  8. #8Aussie Leroy2010-11-01 07:24

    keep those video's coming brian:drinkup

  9. #9bigrus2010-11-05 06:49

    Bl##dy squeaky seats they're everywhere Nice vid

  10. #10Vantage_TeS2010-11-05 22:35

    Hmm if I had to guess I'd say unit 237, however I really don't have to guess at all because I know

  11. #11637slayer2010-11-06 14:18

    cool vid, i dont like to follow either but i think vid of following is better than the lead. i believe after the first scraper loads he shouldnt let off the throttles, since the bak guy can see the bell and hook he should adjust to get the slak out, i hate when the front guy loads then lets off then i have to let off, by the time you get the slak out your past his tailings,do you run heel and toe or both feet on the throttles?

  12. #12BrianHay2010-11-06 19:00

    :laugh You can hear the seat more than anything else eh. The one I'm on now is an E and suprising enough it's quiet, no squeek.

  13. #13BrianHay2010-11-06 19:02

    Yup, 237 :laugh

  14. #14BrianHay2010-11-06 19:12

    I don't mind following much, depends who I'm working with. If my partner prefers to lead I usually let him even if he is less experienced....so long as everything is going well. Especially don't mind if my partner wants to learn. If it's not going rite I will scope him for a couple rounds, straighten things out and show him how to do it rite. Then let him have the lead back. For sure the front guy should never let off the throttle for the back guy to hook up. I run with one foot. Mostly the left if I'm on a G and alternate on older machines that don't have a dif lock for the rite foot.

  15. #15BrianHay2010-12-01 22:36

    I'm back on the big site again, shot this one last nite. YouTube - Caterpillar 657g at nite

  16. #16buckfever2010-12-02 19:10

    You would figure for all the money those machines cost they'd put better lights on them. Nothing like a million dollar machine with 50 dollar lights.

  17. #17637slayer2010-12-04 13:35

    looks like your side lights are not on

  18. #18BrianHay2010-12-04 14:56

    For sure eh, the lites suck. I have them all on.....I had one lite out though and can't recall if I took the video before or after it was replaced. I put up a couple more videos. This time from outside my machine. I have some more helmet cam ones too I will put up when I get time....this will be the last of them for a little while. I'm pointing my truck West this aftenoon and heading home :drinkup been well over two months now. http://www.youtube.com/user/brianwhay

  19. #19buckfever2010-12-04 18:29

    godspeed to ya. Have a safe trip home.

  20. #20blowerman2010-12-04 20:47

    Thanks for posting the vids Brian, always interesting.

  21. #21BrianHay2010-12-06 12:34

    Home safe on my couch, man that feels good! Later I will post upload the rest of videos and probably post all the pictures I took too.

  22. #22BrianHay2010-12-10 23:08

    I added another video today, I think this one is my best helmet cam video so far. [video=youtube;KFSdDYUFx08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSdDYUFx08[/video] Working on a new website, just a personal site this time. Partly to occupy my time so I don't go to stir crazy over the winter and part because my poor little laptop is just way to plugged up with pictures/videos and I want somewere safe of my own to put them and free up space on it. http://brianhay.ca/index.php After I get them all organized/uploaded I'm going to make a folder with all the best ones for a screen saver and post those in a new thread here.

  23. #23637slayer2010-12-11 13:57

    really enjoy the 57 vids, someday maybe i will get a load with a 57, i totally agree with the g cab on a e series 2, except a better place to put my lunchbox unless i want to keep it warm then i put it in the little cubby hole-thanx again for the vids-hats off to the 57 gods-:notworthy

  24. #24BrianHay2010-12-13 14:45

    When I put my resume out there I pondered weather or not to put my scraper experience on it. I have about 10 years on scrapers and another 10 years spread out amongst all the other equipment. You know as soon as that kind of scraper time is seen on a resume nothing else on your resume is noticed. But I had never had a shot at a 57 yet and wanted too try one out....it didn't take long for the novelty to wear off lol

  25. #25Jim Irwin2010-12-13 18:39

    Brian, What scraper do you prefer to sit on, day in day out? Me, the Wabco 252 FT is the smoothest Ive ever driven on the back. The little Wabco's are like bucking bronco's..

  26. #26BrianHay2010-12-13 19:52

    Hi Jim, I have never been on a Wabco machine before so don't know about them. Most of my time has been on CAT machines and some time on Terex. I preffer the bigger CAT machines. It's really close between the E or the G series which I like better. I like the E's for the power and smoother ride But the G's have a much nicer/quieter cab. If I have a choice between an E or a G I take the G.

  27. #27vapor3002010-12-14 22:53

    Have you ever Ran an F series Brian, I have ran E, G, and F series 27's and prefer the F's, have nice cabs, and have more power then the E's and G's

  28. #28BrianHay2010-12-15 01:41

    Hi vapor, Yes I have. Almost forgot about the F's, been several years. I like them too. I really like the little mushroom shaped levers in them with the buttons for the tranny hold, apron close and cushion hitch on the bowl lever. They are a large step up from an E and comfortable to operate. I wonder why there was never a 37 or 57 F. The 37's and 57's went straight from E to G (far as I know).

  29. #29vapor3002010-12-15 03:18

    Yeah i dont know why they never made a 37f or 57f, i think all they did was 27's and 21's. Yeah i loved there bowl controls, i dont know why but i hate the new style joystick.

  30. #30Jim Irwin2010-12-15 03:46

    I have had a go at a 627F, I really liked the control levers and buttons, for some reason, CAT went away from them. That is the only open bowl ive ever driven, all my back pain comes from elevators

  31. #31637slayer2010-12-17 20:12

    ive been running a 37g steady for awhile now and im just starting to get comfortable with the feel of it, im convinced now that it is longer than the e models, i know its rated according to the metal stamp on the can, to haul 5,000 more lbs than the e, im pretty sure its due to the taller sides and taller lip, just wondering if the differences in the 57s is as noticeable,the cat man told me the cab on the g was moved two feet forward from the e

  32. #32Gavin84w2010-12-19 07:03

    Wait till you see the cab on a H model!!

  33. #33Jim Irwin2010-12-19 18:43

    Gavin is there a H model out? Any photos?

  34. #34vapor3002010-12-20 01:25

    You sure there coming out with an H

  35. #35637slayer2010-12-20 18:36

    wiai dont tell me as soon as they get the flux compasitior worked out we will see the pics, i would be happy with a better balanced g2, with more power on the front end

  36. #36Gavin84w2010-12-25 05:32

    110% positive mate, the cab has a very similar feature to the small F series trucks with the front window going all the way to the floor for at least half the front of th cab, there are 627H,s out working and Conexpo in March will have one on display.