Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What do you know about a Terex TS46C?

Abscraperguy · 2010-10-30 23:08

I was just reading through the Alberta Const Association rate book and they list a TS46C scraper. I had never heard of it before. Its classed as a Class 10 the same as a 657 D or E series. I'd like to know more about them and whatever pics you have.

Replies8
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2010-10-31 01:37

    No pics, but what it is is a TS-24C with a stretched and raised bowl for hauling coal.

  2. #2Abscraperguy2010-11-01 01:26

    Then what is a TS38C? I thought that is what that was.

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2010-11-01 02:06

    From what I can tell, there were only 2 ever made. They were TS-24C's that were raised but not streched, so they come in a little smaller than the 46 yarders. Blackwood-Hodges, the English dealer in the 80's has some info on them here: http://blackwood-hodge.typepad.com/home/scotland_northern_ireland/ Sounds like they were salvaged into a coal scraper from an aborted sale. There is a picture of one on a lowbed, partway down the page.

  4. #4Aussie Leroy2010-11-01 06:34

    Abscraperguy, i wonder if the TS46C is a TS32 converted to coal scaper, there is a bloke in my area who runs 2 x TS32's and runs 4 x TS24,s all in good nic just a thought Leroy

  5. #5RDG2010-11-01 06:52

    I would think the TS 46 is the coal version of the TS 32 as the TS 32 was the Terex answer to the 657.

  6. #6RDG2010-11-01 07:09

    Just looking up a Euc/Terex book it says the TS 38B and TS 46B were all based on the TS 24B loadrunner but with modified rear scraper bowls to increase capacity. The largest regular production scraper was the TS 32 which was also offered as a coal scraper and became the TS 50 with a capacity of 50yds struck & 59yds heaped. Cheers RDG.

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2010-11-01 12:38

    RDG has it right. Plus, the TS-32 never made it to the B series, let alone C series I think it is a shame, as they made good scrapers, but did not have the support network like Cat. With the financial troubles Terex went through they never got to continue as a true competitor to Cat after the early 80's

  8. #8Mate-My_Day2024-12-23 12:53

    ??? wait wait wait only 2 in the world yet i've seen 2 in my life where my dad used to work a open bowler ts46 and a ts46 elevater turned watercart ???? https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CBcQjhxqFwoTCMDwrai6vooDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE ​