Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

665XL control panel issue

Dwbinc ยท 2014-05-03 06:56

A friend of mine has a NH 665XL. He claims that the machine locks him out of the start mode for no certain reason. It can happen repeatedly or not be a problem for hours at a time . Does anyone know if you can reflash the circuit board? The machine is a little beat up, former owner did very little maintenance, the panel is not working through all the sequences properly either, such as there is no RPM speed, or hours indicated. Would a used control panel be a option, this machine is used by a guy who just has it to "do stuff" around his properties!!:Banghead

Replies4
  1. #1stovein2014-05-04 08:43

    The starter interlock relay in the engine room fuse box could cause symptoms like intermittent starting, changing that first would be the cheapest way to start.

  2. #2murphy7772014-05-04 09:40

    My lx565 does that once in a great while, Mine has a toggle switch in the fuse panel ( above your right shoulder in the cab ceiling) this toggle allows you to override the start mode I believe, and it also lets you start the machine in what is called Service mode, meaning the engine runs but the hydraulics are locked. I flick that toggle and the machine fires up no prob, then Then I flick it back and away I go. ANother thing could be the seat/seatbelt pressure switch which if no one is in the seat or you don't have the seatbelt engaged the circuit wont complete and it might lock out the start mode...I replaced my seat pressure switch and that saved the battery from going dead when the switch would stick and all the monitoring lights would stay on....As stovein said check all your fuses/relay, and connections, a crusty fuse is a super easy fix but it can be super annoying .

  3. #3Dwbinc2014-05-04 16:51

    Thanks Murphy and Stovein, we tested the seat and belt switches, all are good, as for the RUN /SERVICE switch, it has no effect on the operation. The switch does not function properly. The owner replaced it already, with no results, that's when he got a hold of me. I will look into the motor compartment fuse box next, probably a rodents nest in there!!!!! DWB.....

  4. #4murphy7772014-05-04 18:04

    I have had a mouse nest in the headliner of the cab on mine , and on the right day with the right breeze, all the diesel exhaust fumes are choked out by the lovely smell of mouse ****....they also liked to sample the flavor of wire coating as well....