I have been working in this subdivision for the last 5 years on and off i thought i would post some pictures this is what were working on now
more pics from 2004
Nice pics John! Nice pics! The bottom pic, is that an existing pipe you're taking out?
Because your thinking the same as me, spigot into collar, not collar over spigot but I am sure there is a logical answer
we ran the pipe that way because it goes between two headwalls it was easier to cut a bell off to start than it was to get to the end and cut the spigot end off
I know this topic has been brought up before but do you operate the Koehring? If so is it difficult to go from a machine with the cab on the left to a cab on the right? Looks like it would take a little getting used to. Many moons ago I drove a right hand drive car with a standard 5 speed trans in Kenya. It was a little difficult to get used to at first but I don't know if it was as much the Suzuki as it was the round a bouts with half of the traffic lights functioning.:cool2
i have no problem with it there were days that i would jump back and forth from the 235 hammering to the koehring or the koehring and the 345 its not a big deal the controls are the same they don't switch hands so its easy. the only thing it takes getting used to is loading trucks because the driver is on the opposite side but thats not a big deal either
Oh, I get it now.
where is this job located?
this is in walpole mass we own the project so we go at our own pace
John is that you'r 988? and any new pics of the 365.
it is my uncles 988 the 365 is taken apart and parked at the yard i don't think there will be any new pics of that for a while
Very nice pics I like them a lot. Did you have problems with groundwater, I see you had a pipe set up for pumping by the one manhole.
yea ground water is a problem but we use 3" submersible electric pumps and lots of stone and with that you can beat it no problem
Is that Koehring a 1066?
yea that is a 1982 koehring 1066 that we bought brand new
I worked for a company in Milwaukee that had a 1266. They bought it new in the early 1980's they said it was sweet machine in it's day.
Here are a couple more pictures from last week we have crushed 21000 ton of 1-1/2 processed material for the road base
here are some more recent pictures from the last few weeks
looks like the job is progressing well John....great pics
I have some more pictures i will add this week. Now we are fine grading the road and getting ready for asphalt. probably going to pave on friday or early next week