Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

670B John Deere roadgrader

Crash95 ยท 2024-07-31 19:21

I'm trying to find out the year of a 670B roadgrader. Serial number, DW670BX519863.

Replies6
  1. #1Steve Austin2024-08-01 15:42

    I do not have info for the exact year, but they were built from 1986 to 1995. According to Deere history data.

  2. #2mg23612024-08-02 04:57

    Machine was built June 23, 1988

  3. #3ovrszd2024-08-04 10:27

    Can you explain to us how you determined that. Thanks!!!

  4. #4ovrszd2024-08-04 10:31

    A new 670B in 1989 was the first JD machine I've ran. Went out of a worn out Cat 12F. What a step up. Was just thinking the other day. I've ran new 670B, 770BH, 770CH, 770CH Series II, 770D, 770G and 672G John Deere machines.

  5. #5mg23612024-08-05 04:56

    With the serial number, I can go into the Deere system and it will tell me when it was built and when it was invoiced. The 13 digit serial numbers do not indicate what year the machine was built. The 17 digit format they have been using for a while now has a year indicator in the serial number. Some of the new backhoe serial plates now have the model year stamped right on them. If you are using Deere'e online parts catalog, there is a machine introduction at the bottom of the main page. If the serial has a model year code, it will be listed there with what year the code represents.

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-08-05 22:33

    Kind of like Champion but it's weird because some Champion's have the year stamped after the serial number and other same year machines don't.