I have a 680ck with a model 36 hoe, I can't seem to find any info about the 36 being on a 680....no specs. I would like to find manuals for these and some other general info. Also the trans jumps out of 1st, it doesn't ever seem to go all the way into gear....maybe shift forks??? Need a good source of new & used parts also. Thanks.
purple............Mine is the 580ck so im not sure how much different these are...........But here is a great source for parts and he can get used stuff as well and he ships to you....His name is Dale ........website..... www.e-backhoeparts.com........phone #765-378-3396...........give him a try im sure you wont regret it.........good luck
Are you sure it is a model #36 ? I think that it was used only on tracked machines made about 1965. The model and serial number plate should be on the left hand side of the backhoe lever control tower. Xpackdeals; The difference between the 580s and 680s is like a mouse and an elephant.
Tinkerer, that's the same info I keep coming up with also, was wondering if anybody else had seen or heard of this combo? The serial # plate says Model 36, Serial # 1027373.
Tinkerer thanks for the info about the differences i had no idea a couple years back i got some brake parts from a 530ck and they fit my 580 ck ....I was kinda surprised by that but the price was right so i took the gamble and it paid off which usually dont with my luck..........
Purpletractor; Any combo is possible with these machines, it depends on the creativity of the previous owners. Is your 680ck a series B ? It must be, because that would put the #36 backhoe about the same vintage as your tractor. The technical service manual for the tractor may be available on eBay. A genuine Case parts book for the backhoe is all you would need for it. The reason is that the schematic diagrams pretty much show how everything is assembled. We can give you advice and help on your transmission problems, but we need to know the exact model and serial number of the 680. There is a huge difference between a 680ck that came out in 1961, a 680ck series B (1968) and the model that replaced it which is a 680ck series C which came out in 1971.
Tinkerer, I finally got around to cleaning the paint off the serial # plate, it reads Model # 680CK- B and the serial # is 9103293.
That makes sense to me. It has the OEM backhoe on it. Your 1st gear problem could be a problem in the shifting forks or a synchronizer. Also extreme wear on the gear teeth. I would guess the forks. There is an outside chance a snap ring on the mainshhaft has somehow come out of its groove or may be broken.
I have a model 680ck-c and my hoe is also a model 36