Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

69 case 580ck – dreaded tube plugged

Dwol ยท 2018-04-06 20:58

Guys, I just opened up my 69 backhoe and had the dreaded stuck tube, as expected. Unexpectedly, I found a second pump in there. It also has a pickup tube, and looks like it would be used to pump external hydraulics. I was not in use and had a hydro hose looping its intake back to its exhaust. It does have a second filter, same as the front filter. The question I have, knowing that I do not plan to use the external hydraulics, should I remove this pump, or just leave it? It would be nice to not have any more parts in this area that could fail. However, I like the idea of having a second filter for the fluid. (might help keep it clean). Thoughts?? Kind regards, Dave

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-04-07 20:08

    Is it the hydraulic pump you are seeing ??

  2. #2Dwol2018-04-08 12:10

    There are two pumps in there: