Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

690 E LC system controller

Hellbound ยท 2023-10-05 00:05

690E LC S/N : 553966 I am stumped. No lights at system controller. Runs in bypass as it should. Was a slight basket case when i purchased a few weeks ago. Pack rat got into a few wires. G50 was damaged in battery compartment. Found a couple of other damaged grounds as well as cleaned chassis grounds. From what i can gather form limited diagrams wires color coded to main conection behind seat then color and numbered past. I can not find G50 in cab to test back to batteries. Does anybody have pin numbers for controller to locate G50 which i assume is brown maybe? P.s switch panel powers up in I and changes to P unable to change. Power setting will change auto throttle will turn on and off, track speed will change. Swing lock stays on. All makes no change to machine. I suspect i am missing a ground somewhere. But leaning towards bad controller or switch panel?

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612023-10-05 05:01

    Welcome to HEF Hellbound ! Check your messages.

  2. #2Hellbound2023-10-05 11:58

    I went th

  3. #3Hellbound2023-10-05 11:59

    I went through the stuff u sent me something had to be loose somewhere on bad conection. Working like a champ thank you very much.

  4. #4Hellbound2023-10-05 12:00
  5. #5Steve Austin2023-10-05 13:54

    One thing i have encountered on the 690ELC there is and induvial black ground wire that runs in harness from the negative battery terminal to controller. When i changed batteries i left it off it fell down behind batteries. It caused the controller to do weird things and hydraulics would slow down at times. I do not remember wire number. Later on, i run into a customer that has done the same thing his controller would be ok for a few minutes than start acting up.

  6. #6Hellbound2023-10-05 16:57

    Think that may have been it bad connection in it or associated relays i went through all of it at each of the connections and pulled all of the relays. Everything appeared to be good put it back together and it worked like a charm. Machine is a beast at full hydraulic power.

  7. #7joeblow2023-10-23 20:53

    Make sure your high idle is to spec .If it drops 150 rpm then hydraulics may be very slow or shut down.

  8. #8Hellbound2023-10-23 21:22

    Had no power to controller. All good now. Works like a champ.