Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

690b swing problem

alaska deere ยท 2013-11-05 23:55

I am looking at a 690b excavater and when I try to swing it dead heads and does not swing.all other functions work fine.any help would be great as I am looking to buy.thanks

Replies6
  1. #1cutting edge2013-11-06 03:10

    If you can hear the pumps load up, I'd suspect a blown gearbox/motor assy or a bad swing bearing. Does it try to move at all?

  2. #2alaska deere2013-11-06 03:44

    hello cutting edge thank you for your reply.it had been sitting a while.we got it running functioned all controls it swung a little to the left and right.then on second try it would not swing either direction at all.and sounded like hydrolic deadheading.could see the lines moving but no swing. thank you

  3. #3spitzair2013-11-06 16:27

    I don't know ANYTHING about 690Bs but could there be a swing brake that's stuck on?

  4. #4alaska deere2013-11-06 16:36

    hello spitzair thank you for your reply.it does have an electric swing brake.so very possible could not be working properly.i will have to head out there and do some more checking. thank you Alaska deere

  5. #5Bob/Ont2013-11-06 16:44

    The grease trough isn't full of ice is it? Later Bob

  6. #6alaska deere2013-11-06 17:03

    well the first freeze was this morning.so I think ok on that one.it should have been froze here already.but I will keep that one in mind. thank you Alaska deere