Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

6A8708 hose assembly details?

mitch504 ยท 2019-06-23 00:13

Cat 215c serial number 4hg00473 I started to title this thread "Hey SIS-Guys", but I thought somebody might take that wrong. I was down in the woods about to pull this hose off when the weather suddenly went bad fast. I was afraid if I stayed to do it I might have to walk out to get phone service and get somebody come get me so I could get a tractor to retrieve my truck. I seem to remember a book that gave the specs on how to make up a particular hose. Can any of you guys who have higher level SIS access than I do get the specs on this hose so I can make one before I go back out there? Thanks, Mitch

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2019-06-23 05:25

    If it's an original-spec hose it has reusable couplings. It should have, considering it's XT-5: - 1 x 2P3930 Straight Cat O-ring Flange Cplg 1 x 2P3931 90-deg Cat O-ring Flange Cplg 2 x 5P1027 Sleeve 126cm of 5P0200 .75" I/D XT-5 Hose 114cm of 6V0756 Spiral Wire Armour Guard

  2. #2mitch5042019-06-23 14:22

    Thanks Nige. I will be making this hose with crimp fittings. Are either of those fittings 12-16, or are they both 12-12?

  3. #3Nige2019-06-23 15:25

    Both fittings 2P3930 & 2P3931 are 12-16 (hose -12, flange -16) Are you comfortable replacing an XT-5 hose with crimped fittings..?

  4. #4mitch5042019-06-23 23:34

    Well, the other 3 in that spot have been replaced with 4 wire crimped hoses over the last few years and are doing well. I really have very little other choice even at Blanchard Cat. I suppose they could order complete assemblies, but all they normally do is make crimped assemblies. I have had them try to reuse the fittings a couple of times and we were able to press the sleeves off, but were unable to remove the hose from the fittings.

  5. #5Nige2019-06-24 04:01

    All the XT-5 hoses on our machines we buy from Cat, but the dealer doesn't make them, they come in assembled. Like you i've never seen anyone successfully remove XT-5 hose fittings from an old hose.