Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

6BTA Cummins Head Torque Specs.

steve931 ยท 2008-02-12 08:37

I have to replace head on a 6bt cummins 12 valve approx. year model 1990, I need torque specs. if anyone has them. Thanks steve931:usa:beatsme

Replies2
  1. #1Elast2008-02-27 13:30

    Head torque is torque turn. Check the bolts with the bolt stetch guage first. If you are unsure change all the bolts. 1: tighten all to 41Nm using proper pattern 2: tighten all to 90Nm 3: tighten the long bolts that go through the rocker stands to 120Nm 4: tighten all bolts an additional 90 degrees 5: tighten other rocker stand bolts to 21-27 Nm To get lb-ft multiply Nm x .738 Ie: 90Nm x .738 = 66.42 lb/ft

  2. #2steve9312008-03-08 08:49

    Thank you for your time. I had to purchase a manual on 6bt cummins due to time restraints but I appreciate you answering my question. steve931