Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

7.3 Injector Cup R&I Tool?

Birken Vogt ยท 2020-02-22 13:21

We have a 7.3 with fuel in coolant it appears. I saw a couple sites with the usual tooling that uses a tap to get them out and hammer the new ones in but there is a company called Riffraff that makes one that pushes them in with a screw thread which seems easier and more controllable. Especially for those of us who don't do them on a regular basis. Any opinions on what tooling would be best?

Replies4
  1. #1Don.S2020-02-22 16:37

    If you buy the cups from them it looks like they will rent you the tool for 50$ and i think that includes return shipping. If you dont plan on doing many of them that might be a better deal then the $400 tool they sell.

  2. #2RobertJ2020-02-28 21:23

    I've used the hammer in style and the last time I did injector cups in a 7.3 I rented the tool from Riffraff. I defiantly liked the Riffraff tool better and if I was doing it on a regular basis I would buy it for myself. The main thing I like about it is it makes the ones in the back much easier.

  3. #3Birken Vogt2020-02-28 22:33

    I can't even see how it would be possible to hammer the ones by the AC box.

  4. #4_Weldman_2020-02-28 23:34

    Rent Riffraffs or buy it, and if you have stuck injector just crank the engine over to pop it out or use a pickle fork set the biggest one to pop it out.