Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

7 Ton Airborne Crane

Jose E. Lopez · 2022-09-16 10:58

I HAVE A 7 TON AIRBORNE CRANE SHOVEL, BUILT BY GARWOOD INDUSTRIES IN 1961 MODEL #M7 SERIAL #GW-11688 CONTRACT # P.O. 88-B-4-698-11. DATED 21 APRIL 1961 USA REGISTRATION #8-C-2059 FEDERAL STOCK #3810-815-2308. I’M IN THE PROCES OF RE-BUILDING IT AND WOUL LIKE TO RECEIVE ANY INFORMATION THAT ANYONE MIGHT HAVE ON IT. IT IS A FULL CONVENTIONAL CRANE, GAS WAUKESHA 190 ENGINE, AND HYDRAULIC STEERING. Jose E. Lopez (Henry) Florida Crane Inspections 305-970-5004

Replies1
  1. #1Tones2022-09-16 16:41

    We had a similar version, maybe a later model in the army (NZ) rigged as a dragline. I believe it had a Willys 6cyl gas engine ,torque converter over manual transmission, good for 12 mph under it's own power. There was also an A frame so it could be flat towed along with airbrake hoses and electric wiring for the road lights. I have made several inquiries as to what became of it but I'm guessing it was scraped. It could have been a handy jigger to have in civilian life. Good luck with your resto, sorry I can't help further.