Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

#70 scraper and D-7 17A dozer Whatr is it worth?

Don k ยท 2015-04-27 19:24
Replies6
  1. #1stumpjumper832015-04-27 19:28

    what blade arrangement? and are you selling or buying?

  2. #2old-iron-habit2015-04-27 19:36

    Anyone is going to need a lot more info to make a decent guess. Does it have a blade to go with the package? Undercarriage condition? Overall pan condition and wear? Pan cutting edges, sheaves/bushings? CCU in decent shape? From what I see the tires look decent. Around here it would probably fetch 10 to 14K at auction if in reasonable running conditions. Some areas it may be close to double that. (edit) Just seen your other post on condition. Its best to have only one post on a topic or it gets very confusing with everyone on a different page.

  3. #3Don k2015-04-27 20:04

    Yes has a blade. Remove it when using the scraper. All new clutches in the CCU. Leaks a little oil from the CCU. I put new seals on the outer shafts of it but not the inner where you need the big puller to get it apart. Scraper works good. Put new cable on the apron. Have new cable for the rest but have not installed them. I got the dozer and scrapper a number of years ago. The dozer had a leak on one of the pre-cups and pulled the top off a piston. Had a complete overhaul of the engine. Crank ground, new liners and pistons. heads redone. About $8,000 in the engine. also installed new main clutch. Pony start and it runs good. turbo charged. Sorry about the two posts as I am new here and did not know exactly where to post. I no longer need this dozer and scraper and am wanting to get a crawler loader. just need some insight on about what I should try to sell it for. Thanks.

  4. #4Don k2015-05-02 19:47

    D-7 and scraper

  5. #5Don k2015-05-13 18:49

    /better picture

  6. #6Hogitall2015-07-28 18:07

    Well Don in my personal opinion I wouldn't take much of anything to the auctions. You're guaranteed to get bottom dollar for it and you probably also get to fork over a fee to them. There are other ways to sell you used equipment in virtually any condition an probably get closer to what YOU want to be paid for it. And you don't have to lift a finger or move it or anything. Drop me a note and we can discuss it sir. Oh yeah..it costs you ZERO dollars. Nada...not one cent.