Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

S12 water wagon old

mog5858 ยท 2015-05-10 11:04

not sure if this should be in the old iron or hear move if need. new to me S12 water wagon. looking for a little info on it and a place to look for name plates i thinking late 50's but it's got terxe sticker all over it but that's too new for this it's a Euclid right. i was roading it home from the sale it felt like there should be another gear in it. i was doing about 17-20 mph or is that the top speed. it's got a 4 speed manual in it right? what are the chances to find a bole to put back under this thing? or a S7 would sure be nice . https://youtu.be/ViT-RR27lPE

Replies10
  1. #1old-iron-habit2015-05-10 16:28

    That is a sweet running old water wagon. It sounds great. I love the "Power Spray" sign on the side. What size Detroit in in it.

  2. #2mog58582015-05-10 17:04

    thanks buddy she running a 6-71. funny thing about the "power spray" is that there are no spray bar or pump on it. so it just a tank or i like to call it my self-propelled off-road hot tub. there lost of room for a boiler on the back.

  3. #3mog58582015-05-10 18:54

    pic that work? well i think i got the pic thing figure out now

  4. #4old-iron-habit2015-05-11 10:01

    What a great idea. A hot tub for the camping spots when we go 4 wheeling. Get it built and we can go wheeling. It probably has enough water so we could borrow some to pressure wash the wheelers also.

  5. #5Meangreen2015-06-02 17:01

    5th gear is far over to your right and back. Sounds like the old S-12 I had. If the air assist on the clutch and transmission stop are working properly, you can speed shift the heck out of it. It well operate better and get better fuel economy than a powershift.

  6. #6Buckethead2015-06-02 18:09

    Yes, I believe S12s have 5 speed Fuller transmissions. I saw an S-7 and it was a 5 speed, don't remember the exact pattern, but it was odd, I think 5th was close to 1st or something weird like that. Not that I really got to run it, but looking at the shift pattern it seemed strange.

  7. #7mog58582015-06-02 19:44

    thanks guys for the info now i going to have to and fire up and just to see if i can find 5 gear lol. sounds like fun.

  8. #8Meangreen2015-06-13 07:19

    After thinking about this awhile, I might be wrong. It has been at least 30+ years since I ran a stick shift S-12. 5th gear may be all the way over to your left, next to your leg and back toward the seat....they had a rather odd pattern. The drop box or transfer case has it's own supply of gear oil separate from the transmission. Thought I'd mention that if your haven't noticed it already. Don't want it run dry.

  9. #9CJGaul2015-07-13 13:29

    We have a S-7 available. I don't have pictures of it yet, but we converted the transmission to a CLT-3341 automatic transmission. 4 speed forward - 2 speed reverse. Located in Ohio. Nice looking wagon.

  10. #10mog58582015-08-16 11:23

    CJ too bad you where not a little closer i would be all over that. but the trucking would kill me. plus i a manual kinda guy have a hard time trusting auto's and power shifts i like to keep my toy's old and simple.