2004 700H 5600ish hrs Fired up this morning, went to work Right off the bat machine is pulling to the right noticeably. Put back in park, checked controller window, showing code F3A0. Was no service code light on dashboard, I thought that was odd . Turned machine off, cranked it back up. When I did there was distinct humming coming from what I assume was one of the pumps . Never heard it before, and didn't hear it first time I started today. lasted less than a second. machine ran fine for about 30 minutes, then came to dead stop. Service code light came on, F3A0 . Now ive got no movement whatsoever. Shut it down and limped back to house . Had to restart it 10 times or so and go through same process to get it back. Sometimes forward would work, but not reverse. Sometimes opposite. Every time I cranked it back up, I would hear the distinct humming sound, again, assuming from one of the pumps. Pulled floor plate and checked connection on top of the pumps, appears to be good. no obvious broken wires ect. Machine used probably 20 hrs a week, so does sit for short periods unused, but never more than couple days. Any help is appreciated
From a helpful web page http://elvin5.blogspot.com/2008/06/john-deere-transmission-controller.html F= Fault (duh?) 3= transmission controller . A= problem with B8 Rear (LH) Pump Pressure Control Pilot (PCP). 0= (0, 2, 3, or 5), a open circuit, shorted circuit, or no feed back is indicated. Do not attempt calibration. So, wiring issue, probably in or near a harness connector, shorted or open coil in the controller, or a problem with the feedback sensor in the controller (just guessing from what the error code indicates) The "humming" you hear is probably the controller trying to check the coils and maybe calibrate neutral? Should be some Deere guys along shortly with better advice
Cranked up machine this evening after checking connection yesterday. After bogging down and dying first time, cranked up again. Only left track will work, right track locked up. With machine in reverse , it keeps going forward Decel pedal didn't stop it, brake didn't either. Killed ignition and it died. On restart same thing happened, this time with the parking brake still on....No warning light? alarm on the dash No code on screen of computer Any help is appreciated
nothing has changed since yesterday other than sitting for 24 hours
Anyone have any idea what to look at? Even a wild guess? Could a bad transmission controller cause this?
Sounds like the pump for your right track might be stuck in stroke. That would explain why it keeps going when you decel and bogs bad when you start it - its deadheading against the brakes. The front transmission pump closest to the engine runs your right track. Pull the cab floorplate and you can see the PCP coil on the front pump. If you can get it started, there is a small manual lever on the PCP coil to stroke the pump. Try to move this lever back and forth (be gentle) to flush out the debris. I'm petty sure the controller wouldnt cause this, but you can unplug the pump coil to see if the issue goes away. You'll get a code for unplugged PCP, but if the right pump still strokes you know its in the pump. If you have touble starting, you can back out the 2 reliefs on the side of the pump just a little to unload th pumps.
Tried an experiment Unplugged both pcp Reconnected opposite pump. Problem is exactly the same, but now swapped sides. Rt track now creeping, left track no movement. Ran continuity test on all of the wires in main harness. everything seemed ok. Im by no means a mechanic, but based on swapping plugs and problem moving to opposite sides of the machine, wouldn't that suggest a signal problem rather than mechanical? Thank you to everybody that's responded so far. worth noting that I have not stroked pumps as you suggested, but will try if I have enough time left today.
I have an excavation machine that never fails. It is simple. If it fails it is obvious what's wrong. I bought mine at Ace Hardware. All the others won't work much of the time, leak from every conceivable aperture, sometimes where there is no place to leak. Leak most often from where the leak can't be seen or reached to repair. If there are electronics, they fail, usually when most needed, and surrounded by mud, and blackflies. Once your hands are slathered with snot, they fly into your ears, up your nose, and bite your eyes, This despite Deep Woods Off! I digress. Sorry to let my day interrupt your discussion. Willie
Can you unplug both speed sensors on your track motors and see if the issue goes away? You'll get a code for the unplugged sensors
Put my transmission controller on a different machine. It did the exact same same thing mine was doing. Ordered new tcu put it on now runs smooth. Thank you to everyone who offered help with this On a separate note, having trouble with the connection from engine harness to injector pump making good contact. Tried everything. Deere wants 800+ for the harness . Is there anywhere I can find just the connector and splice new one in before replacing entire harness?
Yes, they sell just the connector and pins, I will try to look up parts tomorrow
Thanks for posting the fix. I'd never heard of a TCU causing that type of issue before, learn something new every day. Glad your machine is fixed
Connector body-57M7344 Back cap-57M7371 Pins-57M8259 Rubber-R78059 Sorry it took a couple days, you may wanna order a couple extra pins in case you crimp on wrong
Hey how much was TCU and thanks for the info .
These guys have not posted for quite some time. FWD