700J transmission will go to 1.5 but no faster. It will toggle fine down to 1.0 and back up to 1.5 but not any higher. In reverse it will go to 1.8 but that is because I have reverse set at 130% in the dash. No active codes but earlier it had code 609.9 which is CAN COMM “no tcu message”. While that code was active machine would not accelerate or travel at all. Upon cleaning connections at some point it was operable but only up to 1.5 gear. It goes full rpm’s. Tcu has power light green and status light red but no active codes on monitor. What can I check? Can I recalibrate transmission?
Welcome to HEF Deere901 ! First a serial number will be needed. Yes a calibration can be done but before that perform the following - press and hold the menu button for 5 seconds until the service menu pops up. Then navigate to codes and press select. What codes are in there, both active and/or stored?
Thanks 2361. Serial is 140,xxx. No active codes. Stored codes are 609.9. Other stored codes are from disconnecting things for diagnostic purposes like park brake disconnected and accelerater code which was in conjunction with the 609.9. When dozer wouldn’t go it was the 609.9 and a 91.? (off memory?) which was a “accelerate no response” code. I will get other codes when I get to machine. Mine has button on dash for codes so easy access. TCU software version S0729203 and TCU hardware version AT308928 Thanks
609.09 is an issue with the CAN communication between the SDM (monitor) and TCU. Usually this is a blown power fuse into the TCU or can wires rubbing somewhere. Yours is intermittent so I’d guess wiring. The 91.x is seen on machines with the old throttle knob. Usually see this when people over rotate the potentiometer under the knob. Pop off the knob, there should be a stop under there that may be moved too far.
Ok so the dozer operated at half speed as described above. I then cleared codes and performed a calibration. Calibration failed with code tcu 604.17. Dozer will not move. Tried calibration again. Same result. Try 3 same result. Code 604.17 is ”fnr neutral switch min cal too low” What is my next step? Thanks
Go into service mode and then go to diagnostics, then live values and look at "STEER". What is the voltage in neutral? Should be 2.48 - 2.52 V. Then check the live value for "FNR". Should be 2.37 - 2.63 V. Your code should be related to the FNR voltage. I highly recommend purchasing the operation and test manual (TM10268). Worth it's weight in gold.
Would you recommend a good place to get manual. When I looked there were several options and I wasn’t sure since prices varied a lot. I will check those voltages this am. Thanks so much!
Try ebay, From Deere a printed book is about $300. DVD/CD is about $260.
Found a rubbed wire harness sleeve on a sharp corner that you can’t get to in front of battery. Was able to cut ties and get some separation between wire harness and metal corner. Bad assembly/engineering for sure. Tried calibration again. It worked! Got the manual now for next time too. Thanks a bunch for the responses.