Is anybody who can help. I buy this 710b John Deere backhoe. The 1,2,and 3 gear is not working it works in high gear and reverse works fine .But doesn't have any power to push . My question is .is the transmission neyto be rebuild. Or is something to do with the main hydraulic pum.
Not an issue with the main hydraulic pump. Could be a transmission hydraulic pump issue, that feeds the main pump, and is related with the main pump, but the transmission pump is simple and reliable. You'll want the test manual from JD for that machine to do pressure tests on the transmission, even if you're going to rebuild it eventually. You can also tell more about it by which gears work, should be 1-8 forward and 1-4 reverse, right? Certain clutches or brakes engage in each gear, so that will pinpoint the issue. It's the same 8 speed powershift used in tractors, graders, log skidders etc. so there's plenty of them out there.
Thank you for your reply. I have noticed that when I change the gear in 4 or 5 it will run if I am in a flat ground. But I live in a hill side so it worthless for know . I feel in love with the machine for it looks.wich I was thinking it will be powerful to do most of my farm work. But seem like for now I am stuck
Do you know if is expensive to fix the transmission hydraulic pump. And do you think I can do it be my self. I been going to the dealer. And speak with other mechanic but so far I feel that they have ripped me off
There are people besides the dealer who can diagnose it, and rebuild the transmission, but it's not a job to attempt without some serious tools and experience.