Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

710c backhoe hydraulic pressure problem

catman3208 ยท 2012-12-30 16:51

Hey guys, I have a 1991 710c John Deere backhoe that has no hydraulic pressure. I recently rebuilt the two outriggers and changed the hydraulic filter under the hoe then topped off the oil. I used it for about half an hour and everything was working awesome so I parked it. Came out the next day and used it for about an hour and it lost all hydraulic pressure. There was no power steering and the front loader and rear hoe quit working. The engine never acted up and the trans. is fine. The only thing that would barely move was the stick/dipper so I moved it in and out as fast as it would go which was very slow and all of a sudden something felt like it released or popped and everything was fine. Almost like a valve was stuck and let lose again. I asked our equipment mechanic at work and he said it sounds like the main pump, I checked that the shaft between the pump and engine was turning and it was and the belts for the primer pump located on the top side of the engine. Is there a test port for a gauge on the pump? Please let me know if you think of anything.

Replies0

No replies yet.