Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

710J issue

ifurlong777 ยท 2020-12-26 17:34

I just bought a 710J (T0710JX169400), two issues I am seeing, (1) there is fuel dripping out of the back side if the injector pump while the engine is running, its does not appear to be any of the connections I can see, (2) then I release the park break and put it into forward or reverse a STOP light flashes and the display says "return FNR lever to neutral" does anyone have any ideas? THanks.

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612020-12-27 05:23

    Welcome to HEF ifurlong777 ! How about a picture of where the fuel is leaking? Make sure the park brake pressure switch is working correctly. It is mounted on top of and towards the front of the axle (on top of the park brake). Does the park brake light go out when releasing the brake?

  2. #2ifurlong7772020-12-27 11:19

    I will get a picture , but you cant really see where its coming from, its on the back side of the injection pump. Yes, the parking break light does go off. It will move forward and backwards and change gears, just that STOP light is blinking and the warning to go back to neutral alarm. I will check the connection as you said.

  3. #3Tinkerer2020-12-27 12:10

    Try to put a mirror behind it for the photo if you can.

  4. #4ifurlong7772020-12-27 16:36

    I don't have a mirror but I bought one, it will be here tuesday.

  5. #5mg23612020-12-28 04:57

    If your machine moves OK then you most likely have a seat switch issue. Key on. Press and hold your menu button for 5 seconds until you enter the service mode. Scroll (next button) to main menu diagnostics and press select. Scroll to diagnostics switches and press select. Scroll to SEAT FWD (I think you press select here, but may not have to) and see what is displayed when your seat is forward. Should read ON when forward and OFF when in the rear facing position. Press back button once, then next to seat REV and see what it reads with the seat forward and reverse.

  6. #6ifurlong7772020-12-29 17:26

    Okay, I was in the tractor, got into the SWITCHES mode but went through them several times and did not see anything that said SEAT FNR?

  7. #7mg23612020-12-30 04:51

    Anything that said seat? If not you will have to test your seat switches manually. The plugs for the seat switches are below the seat on the instrument panel side. You would have to place an ohmmeter on the switch plug and see what you have for continuity in forward and reverse for both switches. They both should change state from 0L to 0 ohms as the seat is swiveled around.

  8. #8ifurlong7772021-07-05 12:11

    Thanks for all the input, it was the wire going to the seat switches, it was cut, I re connected it and it works as it should.