I found a local part machine they say has 70% on undercarriage left, I am wondering what years of the 450 may fit? Also is there a difference between a dozer and loader undercarriage! Edit I have a 72 case 450 dozer,
what is the serial number for both machines
My serial number 3048746, parts machine 3039018 , last two numbers are very unclear could be 16 I am going to look at it tonight
Rails should interchange but Caution on that projected "70%" as most have NO CLUE what to look at, many see the shoes as THE wear item, do not know how to measure pin/bushing wear and rails for these are scarce. Check bushings for face erosion off sprockets and if have been turned, then with rails snug measure from a leading edge of one pin to the same edge on the fifth pin away, divide by four. If greater than 6.125 they are at end of life. If have a service manual will have rail links dimensions and how to do as I just noted, do not take word of mouth as absolute.
Thank you I went and looked at it last light the track is frozen in a slight w pattern, Which he stated was not for sale. I did notice the upper roller have wear but less than mine, I measured the idlers and they are less than 1/8 different in circumference, only this is machine was on the ground so I could not shake or move idler to check for bearing play, as mine move at least 2 inches in motion. (I checked mine as I was looking for a bad wheel bearing) The idler is my main concern as no one seems to have them. The used ones I am looking at are only 150 each. Another question may sound dumb But just wanted to make sure that mixing brands of undercarriage parts won't cause a concern?
These are dry pin rails, if they sit long wet they will corrode pin to bushing and somewhat lock in place. Will work out over time.