Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

72 case450 track back on question/help

born2ride ยท 2018-07-10 13:04

I slip a track now and then on my case 450 when i am not careful. I have put them back on a hand full of times. Is there an proper way or easy method? The last one i did when on easy no broken come-a-longs lol I was wondering how the pro do it!. Last time i jacked the rear up using 20 ton jack and lots of wood, removed grease fitting pushed the idler back best i could. Then I took a beam clamp attached to track in front by idler,used the back hoe to lift track back on over top of idler then used shale bar to push bottom track in and on. beam clamp looking for input!

Replies2
  1. #1Vetech632018-07-10 15:49

    Your doing it about right as it is. Ive seen some people do it like a bicycle chain and roll over the idler, but usually that's because they are completely wore out.

  2. #2born2ride2018-07-12 07:48

    Thank you