Hello new member here. So I have a JD 450H that I am having issues with. Long story short I got the dozer stuck in a pretty big mud hole which filled the under carriage with silty mud and sand. While stuck I lost control of the drive and a F9C3 code appeared on the dash display window. I also get the "Check service Code" light. The engine runs fine as does the blade control. If i turn the key on and look at the codes on TCU I can see a couple cycling but its hard to read as the little screen is clouded...I am pretty sure one of the codes is the F311 and then it looks like maybe a "11 ?"...the little power light is green and the status light shows nothing (which I think is normal since it has an active service code). However once started the TCU display goes blank. So after cleaning the mud from the under carriage I have found a couple of wires that look like they go to a hydraulic sensor on the left side of the trans looking straight down from the drivers seat. I repaired those wires. My questions: 1. Will the faults clear automatically once the problem is corrected or does it have to be manually reset? 2. The F9C3 code i found where that is suppose to be a a open circuit, shorted circuit or no feed back from the RH pump pressure control pilot. I also saw some where if it may appear if there is a loss of coms or power to the tcu? 3. How can I reset the fualt codes... I have disconnected the negative on the battery for over 10 minutes. Is this a proper procedure? Again thanks for your time and any info will be much appreciated.
You can clear the codes by first accessing them in the tcu..use your next button to scroll until the display reads “end”. Hold select for around five seconds, until F300 appears on screen and that will clear all stored codes..might be a good idea to write them down first...if the code isn’t active, it shouldn’t affect trans operation though