Hi Guys: Long time! I just pulled an 1850s Putnam Steam Engine out of the sub basement of a cotton mill. It was a wonderful time pulling the 5000 pound flywheel and the 4000 pound bed out with rotten floors to work with. I traded Peter his 1860s Fitchbugh lathe for my rigging the steam engine out. Peter does wondrous things to old machinery!!! i can't wait to see the engine restored to more than its former glory!! Please see photos of the lathe at; French River Land Company's Home Page! Sincerely, Bill Fay
The web address is: www.frenchriverland.com
Bill,Thats a beauty of a lathe !!!!! The last time i saw a lathe anywhere near that size,i was with Dave Clark looking at the huge Granite lathes at the Redstone quarry over by Conway, looks like things are still looking good for you !! I talked with Tom Clark the other day and he said public service has really got them over a barrel with their rates. I hope you guys are doing will. Don Johnson
A couple years ago I bought a Van Norman from Peter. I was amazed how they got that big lathe up that little road. Mark