Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

721

721 ยท 2012-11-30 19:32

I have a 1994 Case 821B loader. It is leaking hydraulic oil quite profusely outside and underneath the cab floor directly below the valve controls higher up in the cab. The oil leaks out of a small square plate where the hoses go up to the lift controls in the cab. Now just because the leak is on the bottom of the cab doesn't mean that the leak can't be higher up, so I tried to take the plate off to the right of the operator's station, but even after removing the plate I can not gain access or lift the 2 spool control valve to inspect and check out if the source of the leak is up there. I can read that it is a Gresen control, but can not get a wrench around any of the hydraulic fittings to check if one is loose or if there is a pin hole. Any ideas what I should do first, and how to gain access in that steel box which houses the hoses/cables, etc. Brian

Replies3
  1. #1Chisumtrail2012-11-30 22:40

    I have only worked on 2 of these, here is a link to parts page.[URL="http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr01-1264ar01-1264-492-170757 I don't know how to send a link you can highlight it and put in the search bar. On the loader you can fight it from the top or on the bottom mark and take the hoses loose on bottom of cab. Then take the bolts out that are number 14 on bottom and 13 on top and pull out control hoses and plate number 10.

  2. #27212012-12-01 09:20

    Thanks for the advice and info on the link. I will check that out.

  3. #3pistons2012-12-27 22:21

    We have a 621b It had oil leaking like you explained. The problem turned out to be some hoses that were weeping through the sides of the hose. These were under the bucket control and above the floor.