Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

74 ford 4500 shuttle shift won’t move.

Robert_noll ยท 2017-01-08 19:07

Changed filter, everything else works. Still the same problem. Help!!

Replies4
  1. #1jimg9842017-01-08 23:34

    for good help need to post some clues of what happened

  2. #2JAKES.2017-01-12 18:23

    I am assuming that your problem is that you can put the turns in gear but when you move the lever into forward or reverse no action? If so : try looking under tractor on the bottom of trams there is a 2" x4" cover plate remove cover look up in there. There is a linkage that may be disconnected or it can be distorted if it were forced into the forward or reverse. Just trying to be helpful here based on a similar issue I had with my 4500.

  3. #3JAKES.2017-01-12 18:25

    Edit: "I am assuming that your problem is that you can put the trans in gear.."

  4. #4Robert_noll2017-01-14 08:42

    The shifter is hard to work with for sure. I'll see what I can find when pulling that plate off. Thanks!!