Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

74 KW finally done

sandnsnow ยท 2008-12-31 22:09

I bought this truck to pull my cross gate belly dump. She is a 74 925A with a 13 speed and a 400 big cam. I have to build a headach rack for it as I want to add dual 8" stright pipes. This is the truck that has no front brakes. :Banghead. I changed all the lights over to LEDS. I have new aluminum wheels that I will put on it after the winter.

Replies3
  1. #1Eric2008-12-31 22:36

    Very cool trucks. Good specs too. It'll look and sound awsome with th 8"ers.

  2. #2P Backus2008-12-31 23:41

    Yup, very nice! I have almost the same truck- a '75 W900, with a 13 speed and a 350 Small Cam. Is your Big Cam the original engine? Mine doesn't have front brakes either. Does yours have the goofy driver's seat? Air ride, but hinged in the front? I think that was original, but not the nicest seat around. Have you found a good source for parts? Mine needs a few odds and ends here and there.

  3. #3sandnsnow2009-01-01 12:02

    No this truck came with a small cam 350. I put the 400 in it. Yes it has that stupid seat in it. I havent been able to put a more comfortable seat in it yet. I want to start on the inside but I find it hard because its all orginal and in near perfect condition. The best and cheapest place I have found for parts is our Kenworth dealer in spokane WA. They have had about 90% of all the parts in stock. There are alot of there old trucks running around here so there are alot laying around in peoples back yards, logging dumps ect. I have acouple more of these trucks so if you need some parts PM me and I will see what I got. Happy new year.