740 b1p S/N anyone know if the service brake accumulators come pre-charged when you buy new ones? I asked the parts guy and he didn't have any idea.
There is sometimes a part number for pre charged accumulators but I've never had any luck ordering it. Usually they're shipped empty for safety reasons so unless someone tells you otherwise, assume that you will have to charge them.
So after a little searching on SIS found this note at bottom of page. Note: The accumulators from parts service are shipped without a gas charge. The accumulators from parts service must be charged with nitrogen gas prior to installation on the machine. Guess that answers my question.
Thanks Cmark. I just found that on SIS
I'd also take issue with the wording in SIS about charging prior to installation. Unless it is absolutely necessary I would always charge them after installation.
I agree