Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

740A series VI heater fan

BearGuy · 2026-07-12 23:23

Evening! Was doing some tinkering on the grader today, Noticed that the heater fan only works on setting # 3 of 4. Doesn’t work on 1,2 or 4. Do any of you know where they hid the resistor for the dual fans? I thought maybe I seen it way in the back under the seat but it looks absolutely terrible to get at and I couldn’t see well enough to know for sure. I noticed the previous owner replaced one of the defrost fans with a 12v version as well, Going to need to replace that it goes 1000mph.

Replies3
  1. #1Simon C2026-07-13 08:18

    Never worked on your series of grader but have removed heater fans from Cat 140 G grader and seat out and all underneath. Seat was super heavy is all I remember and even heavy with 2 guys to take out of cab. Simon C

  2. #2BearGuy2026-07-26 19:41

    That’s sort of what I am afraid of, It looks like the whole panel under the seat needs to come out and doesn’t look fun at all.

  3. #3Welder Dave2026-07-27 00:19

    I replaced the seat in my 730A and it wasn't really that hard. Lifting the new one into the cab was the hardest part.