Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

740B Aftertreatment codes

Aussietech · 2025-06-06 18:24

740B Rock truck serial #T4P Throwing a few aftertreatment codes , Looked onto sis, not much help with that 3405-5 ERG Valve Control Current below normal 2461-5 ARD Fuel Pressure #1 control Current below normal 2465-5 Aftertreatment # 1 ignition Transformer Primary Current below normal Cant do EGR test or aftertreatment test due to active codes I have checked all the wiring cant find anything obvious I have ET and SIS Just wanted to ask here, before I go down the rabbit hole with looking online

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2025-06-06 19:07

    Can you not turn on the ARD Ignition system using the ET override function to do the "ARD Ignition Test".?

  2. #2Aussietech2025-06-06 19:23

    I can not override it, doesn't have that in the override parameters

  3. #3Nige2025-06-06 19:24

    Are you using Customer or Dealer ET.?

  4. #4Aussietech2025-06-06 19:25

    Customer

  5. #5Nige2025-06-06 19:26

    OEM or aftermarket.? I wonder if it needs dealer ET to do that override.? Needs semeone more genned up than me with emissions to comment.

  6. #6Island_catguy2025-06-08 03:59

    Can you post the product status report pls. Also, unplug each of those components one by one and see if the code changes to current above normal. I want to see if there are other codes that are all related. You might have one of those sensors pulling down the rest. Might have a harness issue.

  7. #7Cmark2025-06-08 06:20

    They are all FMI 05 - Current below normal. This usually relates to a solenoid driver with an open circuit. Unplugging the components should make no difference. As they are all components on the CEM, you should start looking for an open circuit in a ground which is common to all three.

  8. #8Island_catguy2025-06-08 14:18

    Usually yes, but most of the cat machines I’ve worked on it is the opposite. That’s why I’m asking him to do this simple request. every cat machine I have worked on shows circuit high when the sensor is unplugged and the harness is ok. If the harness or the component is shorted, it will show circuit low (or there is no power like fuse popped). Now some trucks are different because it’s a cat engine with a different brand cab. But it’s an easy test before he starts ripping his hair out.