Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo haul truck

Floyd M ยท 2025-06-17 13:45

I need to service a ZF built transmission from a Volvo haul truck. This trans. is a model 6WG 260 which spun a bearing on 1 of the counter-shafts. Here is the question: since debris was found on the sump screen, will the shift valve assemble need cleaned? ALSO, where can I find a technical service/rebuild manual for this trans. which would be MUCH MORE helpful than the measly 70 page documents that seemed the only thing available online?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2025-06-17 14:42

    I would say absolutely yes. if particles have been floating around then everything will need disassembly. Regarding a detailed ZF manual, hopefully @Bigbert will reply to that one.

  2. #2Floyd M2025-06-20 08:10

    The truck is a TEREX make, not Volvo like I said, (although later Volvo bought the line).

  3. #3funwithfuel2025-06-20 08:18

    For clarification, Volvo bought the rigid line of Terex. It is my understanding that Terex still makes their own articulated hauler.

  4. #4Ben Witter2025-06-21 21:36

    Volvo owns the articulated trucks as well but they are now branded Rokbak.