I think I screwed up. Added oil to my hydraulic now all the connections leak bad. Added ISO46 as advised. Any ideas?
More information on which fittings or hydraulic circuits are leaking? Drive motors vs boom lift or bucket tilt? If you added oil I assume it leaked out previously? Adding oil regardless of type doesn't cause leaks, bobcat may specify a particular oil for optimal performance, but the actual pumps, hoses and actuators will function without leaking on a broad range of grades of oil.
It's leaking out of the tilt and aux fittings, from hard fitting to hose fitting. It did lose a little oil previously but just enough I had to add probably a gallon or so over the years. A thought I had maybe I added synthetic to non-synthetic. Can that be a problem?
Bobcat doesn't require synthetic see below. I know I had to replace a leaky aux fitting on a 743 I had. I've had good success with hydraulic thread sealant on NPT threads. I noticed Parker sells copper cone seals for the JIC flare fittings you most likely have on the tilt cylinder. I've never tried them but it may help.
You're right they're JIC fittings. I actually replaced two hoses thinking it would fix it but that lasted a couple days then it was back to leaking which was really strange. I wonder if thread sealant would work for JIC fittings. I checked the oil I put in again and it isn't synthetic so I guess that's not an issue.
If the JIC fittings are leaking, it is usually pretty east to just replace them. It is generally from being over tightened at some point. While I have heard of people using some pipe dope or Teflon tape in an emergency situation, it is not a lasting fix. Unless you try synthetic oil in an older engine that has had Dino oil it’s whole life, oil, synthetic or not, does not make a difference.
How do you replace them? Cut hose and put new fittings on?
And would the hard pipe end be the problem or generally the hose fitting?
Duh I think looking it things again the new hoses I got seem to be NPT threads so I gotta put adapters on. Might cure my issues.
I would take apart the offending joint, clean it with brake clean and then inspect the sealing surfaces to see if it's got heavy scoring or corrosion. If it doesn't have any scoring/corrosion, snug it down and then twist the hose section back and forth to see if you can get it to seat nicely and then tighten. If it's leaking between the fitting and the hose at the crimp, then just replace the hose.
I checked again. The new hoses are pipe fittings so I have to get some pipe to JIC adapters.
That would be why they leak for sure
Yeah rather dumb on my part to not check. For some reason I just figured they were JIC when I got them.
They make NPT to JIC connections, just make sure this doesn’t make the hoses too long. 2” doesn’t seem like much, least what my wife tells me but it’s a lot when you squish a hydraulic hose with 3000 psi.
Tried to find adapters locally but no luck. Hopefully the ones I ordered are the right size. I've ordered stuff like that before and it came smaller than I needed. Time will tell. Thanks all of you for your help!