Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 232D No aux hydraulics

1000hills ยท 2025-03-10 10:46

I have a 2015 CAT 232D I'm not getting any aux hydraulic function. I'm fairly positive everything checked out when I originally picked up the machine, but I rarely have the need to use aux attachments. My model only has the trigger and two buttons on the right joystick. I'm assuming that the aux circuit should engage as long as the parking brake is released and I depress either of the buttons. As of now no aux function and the engine doesn't bog down when actuated. The machine does have codes but none are aux or right joystick related. All the fuses check out except F2 is missing. I've replaced the hall effect thumbwheel's before but I'm not familiar with CAT's two button system. Should I be Looking for 5V 8V? Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this machine? SN DPR00749

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2025-03-10 12:11

    Check your message inbox for an electrical schematic. The pushbuttons work quite simply. they provide a path to ground to pull a signal down. The ECM detects this and does whatever it is programmed to do. You are not looking for either 5v or 8v in this case. You could do yourself a favour and get hold of an Operation & Maintenance Manual. Look online for Cat Publication SEBU9084.