Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

743 bobcat injector lines leaking

Kyle6241 ยท 2016-05-29 14:20

It seems I have a leak where the lines attach to the injector pump what kind of wrench do I need to take off the lines and where do I go to find one? Kyle

Replies6
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-05-29 19:08

    Should just be a plain old metric wrench.. probably a 14mm

  2. #2Kyle62412016-05-29 23:20

    ok thanks I will check that out Kyle

  3. #3Bumpsteer2016-05-30 00:34

    17mm.....it appears one has to remove the outside fittings and lines to access the inner ones. No metric line wrenches here, but I'm sure a line wrench won't fit, they put the fittings pretty close together. Ed

  4. #4DIYDAVE2016-05-30 06:23

    Make sure that the fittings, in question, are 6 sided, not 5 sided, where the leak is coming from. If the leak is coming from the pump, not the lines, it is the pump, that needs rebuilding. A good local pump rebuilder, should be able to rebuild the pump, for about $100/hole...

  5. #5thepumpguysc2016-05-30 07:43

    Yes, 17mm sounds correct.. Be VERY CAREFULL when loosening the lines.. HOLD the bottom nut with another wrench when loosening the line nut.. Its very uncommon for the "line" to leak.. Your leak might be coming from the bottom nut, called the "delivery valve holder". OR from under the barrel flange, where it bolts to the pump body w/ 2 screws.. Anything other than the "line" leaking.. you probably don't wanna mess with..

  6. #6Kyle62412016-05-30 10:52

    yes I do have to double check to make sure it was a bit suspicious as to exactly the leak was coming from did I understand right if it is not the line leaking then leave it alone? it is leaking a lot of fuel I think I will have to put a can on the ground and see how much is leaking there is dark spot on the ground ever time I park it over night looks like I better do some better looking Thanks Kyle